This week has been a really BIG savings week!!! I saved $65+ at Safeway and our HECO (electric bill) went from $204 (Dec '11) TO $133 (Jan '11)!!!!  THAT'S A $71 DOLLAR SAVINGS!!! That's $40 below what I had budgeted for our electric!!! How did I do it?
  1. Turning off the computers at night
  2. unplugging things we don't use daily
  3. stopped using the dishwasher
  4. set temp for freezer at 'normal' instead of 'colder'
  5. only used the dryer for towels, and underwear. I hung up all our shirts, shorts and tees. And did the laundry on days when we had strong 'breezes'. Since we live in a condo, without a yard, I hang the clothes on hangers in the bathroom.
  6. before going to bed I turn off all tvs and the cable box, vcr, phone chargers, 
  7. only charge electronic devices when they are completely uncharged
Now I need to look at other areas in our life where I can save! I hope to be posting photos of some of these things so you can see for yourselves the savings. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment